The Search for Lexxie: Part 1

The Search for Lexxie: Part 1
----- Nalla's Journal Entry: Accompaniment -----





Nalla's Journal Entry:
Day Twenty, the Search for Lexxie continues…




A great preoccupation occurs when one loses something, or in my case, someone.  Lexxie, my sister has been missing now for approximately twenty-five days, and… there's a hole in my heart.

I've decided to keep this manual journal in effort to separate myself from distractions asuran tech irrevocably contains.  Why lose myself in the annoyance of technology that refuses to turn on… (If Lexxie were with me, it would be a different story; she's an absolute prodigy with this stuff!)

And then, I find my mind wondering if I even conveyed just how proud I am at her accomplishments.  The young woman has been through so much through the incident, and has seen past her disabilities and prospered!  She's been sought after by charr and humans alike to fix their machinations and contraptions.  And while my very special Lexx may have issues speaking clearly, she communicates through her masterful work accomplishments.  If… (When!) I see her again, I shall tell her this.  It's my absolute hope this group I have chosen to travel with can assist in this goal.

And it is beyond fortuitous I found them.  House Dejarin, as I came to know, was to set out on a pilgrimage to Elona - the very place I had traced Lexxie's steps back to.  Thus, I was most appreciative to have found the house during an open-invite party which they hosted.  There I met a curious woman wearing a top-hat named Six, who I immediately found relatable as she reminded me of Lexxie's awkwardness.  Something seems to have happened to the girl in the past, and while I've only just met her, I feel compelled to help her adjust to overcome her social awkwardness.  (Again, this is probably because I am projecting Lexxie's condition onto her, but the similarities are there.)

Several of my kin were present, and I did enjoy speaking with them; sharing stories of the other races and giggling.  It reminded me of my old krewe… before Kievaa's meddling.

Having learned of their journey, and the fact that this was a farewell party hosted a week before they were to leave for Elona, I immediately requested an audience with the Lady of the House.


And…


That's when I met Paige Dejarin.



I… I hesitate to write my initial impressions by the woman… (After all first impressions can change as one gets to know a person.)  But, I will say that she… Well, I am simply in awe of her.  There is little to wonder why she holds such position, given the grace and elegance she projects.  She is kind, generous, and completely approachable - something I was definitely nervous to do.

Lexx gave me the honorary title of Protector; thus, I pledged my loyalty to be Paige's protector on the journey.  The woman ceremoniously knighted me, and… well, my cheeks darken just remembering the gesture.










The journey was a bit bumpy - I actually prefer travel via airship, as we did so many times in the Pact.  We did, however, land in Amnoon without incident, and while we were met with little fanfare, I could see the wide-eyed expressions on those who've never seen the desert before and an understanding acknowledgement from those who had.  Paige, whether she'd been here before or not, had the most amazed expression: her hazel eyes were as large as they could be and sparkled with such infectious enthusiasm, I felt as though I could easily forget the plight which brings me here.

And maybe that's what I need, yes?  A bit of enthusiasm.  A bit of adventure through the eyes of someone so completely and amazingly supportive, she will help me find my dear sister.

After all, I wouldn't feel this excited otherwise, right?

Or…

Is there someone else making me feel such a way?




[To be Continued...]