Elona Bound: Part 3


Elona Bound: Part 3
----- Elona-bound Ball -----


The venue had been chosen, the arrangements had been taken care of, the music providers booked: all plans had been finalized for the event and invitations sent.  This was to be a semi-formal ball, wherein a celebration of life would be a send-off to any of those able to travel to Elona.  In the time Demitra was on Tyria, she'd met a wide assortment of warriors, spellcasters and fighters.  None matched the generosity and kindness (along with said prowess), than did the guild she'd stumbled upon.  It was to this group she held this special event and wanted to rally all those that would be able to come to the aid of Elona in its time of need, for the threat of an Elder Dragon and the god-king Palawa Joko loomed over the region.

She said pleasantries to all those in attendance, welcoming them with the spread of a wide-assortment of food.  The band's music played a lively chantey, and all guests seemed to have enjoyed the venue.

After a bit of small-talk, Demitra took to the steps of the mound, reached the top, then signaled for a gathering.  All members of the party approached, gathered to listen to the Elonian.



She took in a deep breath, gathered some confidence with a smile from Sirinous, whom she'd grown close to, and began her speech.

"To all members of this group which I have come to call guild-mates.  For those of you who do not know of me, allow me to rectify this: I am called Demitra Naja Nyimah.  I am Elonian; born and raised within the Domain of Vabbi.  I belong to a very small group freedom fighters working to free outlying villages from the wrath of the self-proclaimed god-king, Palawa Joko. 
I arrived here from Elona, haphazardly.  While on a mission to prevent Joko's parties from using gateways to this place, I was inadvertently forced through an active portal and arrived near Divinity's Reach.  After the assaulting force had been vanquished, I ventured into the city to explain to the powers that be of the imminent threat of Joko.  I sought an audience with the queen, but was swiftly denied; these political trifles were seemingly so foreign to me… As was this city. 
I found myself roaming the plaza with no food, no drink, no wares to trade and no means to acquire lodging.  I was approached by several of the city's… unsavory individuals.  Their offers and suggestions on how to appropriate coin; I shall not go into the distasteful explanation.  What I will say is that these characters were deplorable and I made certain they would no longer prey on victims.  But a victim I was: a skimmer without a rider, I wandered aimlessly.  It was at this time I stumbled upon you all.
My own awkwardness not-withstanding, I was met with the most wondrous warmth from this guild.  I was fed, I conversed, and was even provided with lodging!  All this was given freely: no terms, debts, nor favors asked.  It was the exact opposite of my entire experience thus far in this land.  It was also through this guild that I was able to report my warning of Joko's invasion forces - a message I am sure will now reach the queen.  I do not state lightly that I am beyond eternally grateful for all the kindness and friendships I have made here in this guild. 
And I now wish to extend my services to each of you…
Within the desolate sand dunes in Elona lies a place, a sanctuary, from which we freedom fighters hail.  This locale, while marred with dilapidated dwellings, is adorned with enough magical barriers to prevent its location from being ascertained.  It is a safe haven to which we plan, launch attacks against Joko's forces, and rest while we strive to assist my native people.  It is this place to which I have come to think of as home.  And I offer of the same courteousness which has been bestowed upon me by the virtuous group I address now… Those fighters which wish to venture to Elona: you have a home."


Speech concluded, the woman exhaled and stepped down from the mound.  She'd heard a few snickers at the speech; a few mutters among the crowd, but her message had been well received by most.  The guild commander took her place, gave a few more words of encouragement and an explanation of their target objective: the Scourge of the Desert, Joko.

The night ran long; new allies were met...





A bit of sadness hang over those poised to leave.  Demitra found herself questioning her decision throughout the night.  Siri approached her and the couple shared a dance.  Demitra implored the woman to come to Elona with her, but whatever her reasons, Siri refused the invitation.  A bittersweet goodbye was told and Demitra again found herself in despair.  Prymi comforted her, and through the hurt, Demitra drank and had let loose.


At the finality of the daybreak, all members drank and celebrated one of their last big hurrah before facing the challenge that laid in their future; for a treacherous path was yet to come...




To Be Continued...