Existentially Bound: Prologue

Existentially Bound: Prologue
Clandestine Exchange


The dark shoreline brightened briefly as the overhead clouds parted and allowed a small amount of moonlight through.  Small lime-green eyes of an asura reflected the beauty of Lake Gendarr, and a slight grin came to her face - not due to the scenery - but because the courier had arrived.  "Took you long enough.  My genius rarely waits, but, knowing it was you personally who was coming… Well, my curiosity decided to make an exception, Ailden," she said as she turned to the approaching man.

The man's hair matched his red eyes and attire, with various shades of the motif.  He wore a thick cape which caught the breeze from the lake, and flapped heavily in the wind.  Neatly trimmed and shaped facial hair covered his chin and upper lip and as he came to stand before the asura, he paused to stroke it.  "It is Lord Ailden, or Lord Drakenfist… with an emphasis on the 'Lord'.  And, I told no one I was coming.  Who leaked such information?" the human stood, arms folded, glaring down at the small asura.



"Do you question my resourcefulness?  Have you not heard of me?  I am Kievaa the All-knowing!" the woman proclaimed with a slight chuckle.

"Give yourself more titles if it helps you feel better about yourself.  I've heard it slightly differently; most aptly Kievaa the Vile."

A snicker came from the small woman.  "Indeed!  While you wish it to be an insult, I take it as a compliment.  Just as I'm sure you do, 'Lord' Ailden."

The man glowered, wished to immolate her on the spot, but the asura's claims were not unfounded: Kievaa was, by all intents a resourceful ally.  He murmured a minute longer about how he would roast her, knowing her asuran ears would transfer his threats without actually having made them.

Kievaa's eyes rolled.  She unfastened a satchel and after entering in a code on a small holo-display, unlatched and opened it.  The internal contents were of vials and scroll tubes.  "So, if you're done fantasizing my demise, you would be well to heed what I have to say," she began as she fumbled through the bag.  "While these spells and potions will allow you control over an animal, it is most difficult to maintain; one can easily lose themselves to the primality of it all.  Thus I scrapped such avenues of research some time ago, and marked the bio-engineered reptile as a failure. Although recently, I have been considering the value of recalling him to assist with some tests I am performing.  Indeed, if nothing else, such monstrosities make for resilient targets…"  She paused a moment, lost in her thoughts.

Ailden cleared his throat.  "Spare me your inane paddling, Kievaa. Have you your end of our accord?"

A grunt came from the small woman, annoyed with the interruption.  "Yes, yes.  Bookah never cease to amaze: whether a lowly ignorant fire-bookah or her father on a throne of fire, you are all so very impatient.  An intellect such mine standing before you, and all you wish to do is rush our rendezvous.  Very well.  Did you bring what I require?"

Alden produced a leather pouch, the contents inside causing deformation indicative of multiple prices of a hard substance.  "Indeed I have. Though, this is the reason I came to personally make the exchange.  Tell me: What is so special about a bag of broken sword parts?"

Kievaa'a face illuminated with an azure glow emanating as she inspected the bag's contents: a broken sword of ice.  She had a sharp-toothed grin upon her face.  "Oh, you see, it won't be broken for long."




[To Be Continued...]