Wintersday 2017 Festivities

This year some changes took Divinity's Reach by (snow) storm!  In addition to the normal quadrant of DR with a Wintersday makeover theme, it extended into the entrance and up to the normal Crown Pavilion area!  This means that this year we had 25-30% shrouded in snow and candy canes!

Crown Pavilion: It's where the magic happens.

There's a whole lot more of Divinity's Reach covered in snow!


Also a makeover to the interface with events being grouped differently really helped those achievement hunters, and - more importantly - weapon achievement completion a whole lot easier to keep track of!  Furthermore, there were new ways to do the jumping puzzle, which meant that for the FIRST TIME since Wintersday in GW2, I could actually COMPLETE IT!!!!  WOOT!

I decided to fire up the screen recorder to record my Jumping Puzzle prowess (or lack thereof!).
So, this is literally the first time I've gotten this far, and you can sorta understand my reaction from the perfect timing of events...




As with other years, I themed some characters and also, since PoF introed mounts, I was able to recolor some of them to become my own Candy Cane Brigade (patent pending) :P  I've been taking pics since Wintersday began and below are a few of my favorites from 2017's event.  Enjoy!


"Look at all the fun things to jump on, Mr. Hoppy!"

"Whaddya mean you don't wanna be a Candy Cane Griffon? Don't be a Grouchy Grenth!"
#CandyCaneNegotiation


As with every other year, I held a secret contest and gave prizes to the best holiday dressed.  Was there an official announcement?  Were there entry criteria?  Did the contestants even know they were entering?  NOPE!  This is Doot's secret secret Santa Contest!  Anywho, here's are a few of the winners.  I didn't want to capture their names or give mentions to them, cause that's not what this contest is about.  It's just something I do and give a little surprise to people in their mailboxes.

I don't know why I haven't seen this Nightmare armor dyed like this before, but wow! and the addition of her blindfold which looks like a snowflake totally won me over!

This dude was rockin some silver and red with armor that really worked for me.  This is the only person with a santa hat I found on Wintersday patch launch day.  So... #ArbitraryDootWinner :)

This lovely present girly was the very first person I saw dressed for Wintersday, a few days before the patch went live.  It's a really cute look with the scarf and earmuffs.  Very, "I'm going to kill you, but stay warm doing so!"




and now... WINTERSDAY BUNNY HOP!

I took my Wintersday bunny once out of the DR festivities and felt so completely out of place in Elona that I went back and stayed in DR for the rest of the year.  I know it's kinda strange, but having one character dedicated to the area seems like it totally fits me...

Until I dressed up another :P
Sylvari can look cute and sexy too, you know!  (and apparently walk on air :P)


All-in-all, I really really enjoyed this holiday season and I look forward to next year!!!





Also, I decided to down a few drinks this year and couldn't effing stop laughing at my character's response.  I'll be posting that video soon...