Super Adventure Box 2017: Doot's First Time

Quite honestly, the Super Adventure Box never really appealed to me.  I mean, sure I was curious, but I gotta pick and choose my GW2 time wisely!  I sorta saw what it was about in previous years, but since it wasn't completely enticing, I didn't really try to set aside the time to do it.  That changed this year; while this won't be a crazy long post of my analysis of the thing, I didn't want to not post anything about it.

SAB (which I learned stood for Super Adventure Box *slaps forehead* DUH!) had some videos online, and after seeing only a brief amount played, I had the impression the thing was CRAZY hard!  It turns out, this is a 'tribulation mode' specifically designed to be difficult; so needless-to-say, I was really worried about even attempting it.

After much deliberation, I decided to give it a shot; but not without assistance!  A guild mate agreed to pop my virtual SAB cherry.  He was gentile and patient (giggity :P )  But in all seriousness, I genuinely had a fun time playing through the content.  We went through all zones in a couple of play sessions and I really had a blast.  After getting over my initial fears, I found myself humming along with the music and thinking about it the next day at work.  It was all nostalgic from Nintendo days and had a really relaxed and fun atmosphere!

While I'm not entirely sure I could continuously play through multiple times (and on tribulation mode, either!) like some players do, I could totally see myself coming back next year when SAB returns.  Until then, I'll have to make due with listening to the soundtrack for the feels :)

Below you'll find a few screenshots I took during my SAB exploration:


My anxiety really increased when I saw the sheer amount of people hanging out at the SAB entrance in Rata Sum.  I thought this was the actual hub/staging area.  I hadn't even begun: Within the SAB, there's a map that leads to all the zones.  Crazy shenanigans are contained there.  Double the amount of folks!


Upon entering, however, I was greeted with bright colors and sound effects that brought me back to Nintendo days.  Oh yeah, this place just screams, "DOOT!"


So, I sat in every single chest I found.  I don't know why; it was like the chest had an X on it and called to my booty.


RAINBOW BRIDGE ON A HAPPY CLOUD!  (need I say more?)


"Oh no!  I'm all tied up... Whatever am I to do?  I hope nobody takes advantage of this situation..."


"And then Doot discovered a trampoline & left her guildmate to finish SAB alone...  Some whisper to this day, there's still a little Asura jumping in World 2."


Like seriously, I couldn't stop.  I just kept jumping taking screenshots and giggling.  This went on for about 45 minutes.  Not. Even. Joking.


And then, I discovered another trampoline... and again, wasted 30 minutes:



If they ever make a trampoline guild decoration, I will never leave the Guild Hall.  Like... ever. 




Finally, adventure concluded, I bid farewell to the SAB.  Looking forward to next year!