Doot's first time (11-12-16)

I organized a little gang get together for a fun foursome (turned fivesome) for a great PvX experience.  As this was the first time I've ever PvE Dungeoned, Fractaled, & PvPed, I thought I'd share my experience.  Yeshua, Urel, Harper and her brother all formed our five man group with the addition of little ol me :)

 Starting out, we decided to do all story paths in all the dungeons (like 8 in all, I think?).  No small task, but since we're pretty powerful, they weren't difficult at all.  The main purpose was to try to unlock all dungeon tracks & get any achivements for doing them if possible.  Also, I'd never done them and relished the chance to actually see the lore play out with the cut-scenes.

Since the dungeon start points were located all around Tyria, I was awarded the choice to swap between all my characters with whom had the area uncovered or was close.  Each dungeon was unique and I really had a relaxingly fun time.  Previously, I'd joined a group that did a dungeon and was told where to stand, when to walk, etc.. So I really didn't think dungeons could be fun, but our little group thankfully put my qualms to rest.  Everyone was respectful in their information about what to do and I was all the more excited with each dungeon we completed.

 After our dungeon tour was over, we decided to try our hand at PvP, and we got our you-know-whats handed to us!  Urel, the veteran PvPer assures us that we did better than most when trying PvP, and we did do better than half the other team's winning score, but alas, our randomly generated named team "Snow Drifters" was awfully fortuitous!  Either way, it was a great time, and I even got top score!  (Whatever that means!)

 So something that was really strange throughout us doing dungeons was that I kept seeing this being made of light and electricity appear and disappear.  It happened twice in different dungeons and when I asked others what it was, they exclaimed that they didn't see it.  It was a really strange thing, but I just shrugged my shoulders.  The last Fractal we did, the Chaos Fractal, I see the same enemy called a Champion blah blah Anomaly blah.  I excitedly told everyone that this is what I saw!  Everyone laughed and said I was having premonitions of this point.  Later that night, I stood alone in the Guild Hall, and the damn thing appeared several feet from me.  Scared the piss out of me!  I observed it (almost crying), and set out on a quest to find out what's it all about.  What I discovered is that apparently, my characters have become infected with a type of Blood-Crazed issue and are seeing the anomalies because of this.  Supposedly there's a quest line to cleanse it, but until then, I'll keep seeing them appear (only on my system) and nobody else will see them... Really interesting!  I'll post more on this as I explore.

Oh, and about Fractals... They are fun.  A little strange to get used to the mechanics of all the stuff.  I actually didn't understand the stuff that was dropping for me and inadvertently deleted stuff that was worth gold :(  Either way, it seems as if you continue doing fractals, they give you stuff to resist agony, which means you can keep doing more & more.  Harper was nice enough to give me a couple of infusions which allowed me to slot some rings with & now I've at least got my foot in the door.  More Fractal posts coming soon, I'm sure...

 Our eclectic crew wound up at the top of a jumping puzzle, me making everyone pose for pictures, cause you know... it's what I do!  From left to right: Asami (Yeshua), Nyssa (me), Solomon (shootdafoo), Harper (Harper), & Arian (Urel).  We all kinda felt like hot shit, considering we didn't have any real bad wipes throughout our playtime, and even when we lost our PvP, we really kept good spirits.  This is a great group of people that I'm happy to call my friends!

 We ended the night by jumping through the swirling whirl-pool, which kept teleporting us back to the top & falling down through it.  Through our experiments, we leaned that a vendor, summoned while in this state pretty much floats in mid-air.  (You can see the trader's feet in the picture above.)  Also, I took a Halloween consumable and became a ghost.  While the effects on my skin eventually wore off, the ghostly smoke continued following my transparent self.  If you look closely at the blue swirl, you can make out my transparent form.


Exhausted from an amazing experience, none of us wanted to log out, but we eventually had to.  Everyone expressed their enjoyment from the day's events, and vowed to do such again in the near future!

All-in-all, a successful first Dungeon run, PVP attempt, and Fractal experience for Doot!  Love you guys!